How many mornings must we wake up to senseless violence? Today I am deeply saddened, I am stunned. I am ready to write but all of my energy goes to the victims, the families, my community and my country in this time of tragedy. Love someone today, and love them out loud.
From Senator Mark Udall, some helpful resources for Coloradans affected by the Aurora shooting:
– For questions regarding friends or family involved, please call the Medical Center of Aurora at 303-873-5292.
– Evacuation/Reunification Center: Gateway High School, 1300 S Sable Blvd, Aurora.
– Blood Donations – All six Denver metro donor centers are open today until 7 p.m. and there are also mobile drives open to the public. Those interested should call 303-366-2000 or visit www.bonfils.org to schedule an appointment. Bonfils is particularly in need of O-, A- and platelets. No walk-ins please.
– Tip Line for people with information regarding the Aurora event – 303-739-1637.
– Colorado Organization for Victim Assistance (COVA) has many resources to help process this tragedy. Click the link for a list of resources. If you are looking to connect with one of the victims, call 303-861-1160.